Monday, July 13, 2009

A social butterfly

I think we need to start being around crowds of people all the time! I can stand social situations so much better with Olivia is tow. She's my accuse to plop down somewhere and not have to mingle. Josh has a habit of wandering and I hate following him everywhere, especially when I am around people I don't know. Yea, I'm not a very social person. Olivia is so good around people though. She must get that from Dad!

It was a weekend full of celebrations,catching up with old friends, enjoying good food, good drinks and good music. Everyone always says that Olivia is such a good baby and she really is! Whenever we are around people she doesn't make a peep. She's calm, cool and collected. As long as I can get away to feed her, we're in good shape.

Friday night Josh and I got dressed up for a night out at Hofbrauhaus. What a crazy place! I think it's the new Pittsburgh hotspot. Where else can you dance on benches and do shot-skis? I did one but not the other. I'll let you guess which one. It was a great adult night out though.

Saturday night was a wedding reception at the Heinz History Center downtown. I forgot how nice it was to wear a new dress. Josh kept saying how great I looked all night. It's amazing what styling your hair and a little make-up will do! Olivia got passed around and was a happy camper. She even took a nap during dinner time and I got to eat without having to dodge her grabby hands. Thank goodness for my wrap. She was quite the party animal and stayed out way past her bedtime. Didn't start fussing until about 12:00. Everyone loved her though. Quite the hit.

Sunday we had a housewarming party for friends that just bought a new house. It's so great to be able to be with friends as they celebrate new milestones in their lives. It's always a plus when we got somewhere that Olivia doesn't have to be held. She discovered the wonder of carpeting. She grabbed whole fistfuls while she was scooting around.

Unfortunately no pictures yet from the weekend. We'll have to deal with this one from the 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment